• Ten serwis używa "ciasteczek" (cookies). Korzystając z niego, wyrażasz zgodę na użycie plików cookies. Learn more.
  • Szanowny Użytkowniku, serwisy w domenie modelarstwo.info wykorzystują pliki cookie by ułatwić korzystanie z naszych serwisów. Jeśli nie chcesz, by pliki cookies były zapisywane na Twoim dysku zmień ustawienia swojej przeglądarki.

Elewator węglowy

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
Forum Post

Hello,

I send this request in English and a Polish version translated by Google translate.

I am interested in building a diorama that includes a model of a Concrete Steam Locomotive Coaling Tower like those located in

I have visited the tower in Warsaw but need more information to properly build the model and diorama.

Does anyone have a copy of the plans used to build those Coaling Towers? If not, do you have a recommended source where I can get them?

Does anyone have images of any of the Coaling tower sand the area around them as used in the 1950s?

I am also interested in learning about the sand house and motor hoist house that were used to support the coaling towers.

I imagine there was also an ash pit and ash removal equipment in the vicinity. I am interested in those. Where were they located and how was the ash removed?

Does anyone know of any books, magazines, or articles related to these towers. And contact to any tower experts or enthusiasts would be appreciated.

Thank you.
t

Good morning,

I am sending this request in English and the Polish version translated by Google Translate.

I am interested in building a diorama containing a model of a concrete coal tower of steam locomotives like those found in

I visited the tower in Warsaw but need more information to properly build the model and diorama.

Does anyone have a copy of the plans used to build these coal towers? If not, do you have a recommended source from which I can get them?

Does anyone have pictures of any of the Coaling Towers and surrounding area just like they did in the 1950s?

I am also interested in the sandbox and power plant that were used to support the coal towers.

I imagine there was also an ash pan and ash removal equipment nearby. I am interested in this. Where were they located and how was the ash removed?

Does anyone know of any books, magazines or articles related to these towers. Contact with tower experts or enthusiasts will be welcome.

Hoart

Znany użytkownik
Reakcje
1.962 6 0
- no to jest nas dwóch budujących takie budowle. Ja też zabieram się z budowę takiej wieży węglowej tyle ,że pozostanę przy wersji fabrycznej Fairbanx ,Morse &Company wydaną przez firmę Tichy .Wieża węglowa w Warszawie Odolany jest budowlą bardzo podobną do tej z Fairbanx ,Morse Co. .W Polsce wieże węglowe (cztery sztuki )były dziełem firmy Ross and White coal ,sand and cinder plants z Chicago.
Różnice widać na rysunku i zdjęciu .Mam nadzieję ,że będziemy kontynuować konwersację ..

- well, there are two of us building such buildings. I am also starting to build such a coal tower, but I will stick to the factory version of Fairbanx, Morse & Company issued by the Tichy company. The coal tower in Warsaw Odolany is a building very similar to the one from Fairbanx, Morse Co. In Poland, four coal towers were created by Ross and White coal, sand and cinder plants from Chicago.

You can see the differences in the picture and the picture. I hope we will continue the conversation ..

OP
OP
T

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
[QUOTE = "4Rings, post: 877740, member: 9523"] Funny how the Polish version looks almost identical to the English version : p[/ QUOTE]
Google translate

The towers are modified from the basic American version.

The coal tower located in Odolany in Warsaw is one of the four 400-ton Fairbanks Morse coal towers in Poland. They were built by the American company Ross And White as part of the UNRRA program, which provided economic aid to European countries emerging from the war. Some parts were imported from the USA.

There are significant variations in the sides above the tracks. I am looking for photos and plans so that I can recreate Polish modifications.

The towers are modified from the basic American version.

The coal tower located at Odolany in Warsaw, Poland is one of four Fairbanks Morse 400 tons Concrete coaling towers in Poland. They were built by the American firm Ross And White under the UNRRA program which provided economic aid to European countries recovering from the war. Some of the parts were imported from the US.

There are significant differences in the sides over the tracks. I am looking for pictures and plans so that I can reproduce the Polish modifications.

OP
OP
T

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
- no to jest nas dwóch budujących takie budowle. Ja też zabieram się z budowę takiej wieży węglowej tyle ,że pozostanę przy wersji fabrycznej Fairbanx ,Morse &Company wydaną przez firmę Tichy .Wieża węglowa w Warszawie Odolany jest budowlą bardzo podobną do tej z Fairbanx ,Morse Co. .W Polsce wieże węglowe (cztery sztuki )były dziełem firmy Ross and White coal ,sand and cinder plants z Chicago.
Różnice widać na rysunku i zdjęciu .Mam nadzieję ,że będziemy kontynuować konwersację ..

- well, there are two of us building such buildings. I am also starting to build such a coal tower, but I will stick to the factory version of Fairbanx, Morse & Company issued by the Tichy company. The coal tower in Warsaw Odolany is a building very similar to the one from Fairbanx, Morse Co. In Poland, four coal towers were created by Ross and White coal, sand and cinder plants from Chicago.

You can see the differences in the picture and the picture. I hope we will continue the conversation ..
I have the same kit that I am going to sell. I want to build the tower in brass. The kit is a fantastic piece of work and I am sure that it would result in a great model. But I like to work in brass.

Hoart

Znany użytkownik
Reakcje
1.962 6 0
- fakty są inne niż te informacje które podałeś
po pierwsze ; Polska zakupiła z innego powtarzam -innego funduszu niż fundusz przeznaczony na zakupy w UNRRA (!) cztery takie żelazobetonowe urządzenia do nawęglania parowozów w Firmie amerykańskiej Ross and White w 1947 roku. Po drugie ; Wieża w Warszawie jest jedną z dwóch o pojemności zasobnika 300 ton( druga wieża 300 tonowa jest w Krakowie) natomiast dwie pozostałe wieże w Gdyni i Tarnowskich Górach są z zasobnikami 500 tonowymi. Po trzecie :Wszystkie części łącznie z tabliczkami firmowymi( widziałem taką na własne oczy) i dokumentacją budowlaną były sprowadzone z USA z firmy Ross and White .Konstrukcje żelazobetonowe na podstawie dokumentacji amerykańskiej wykonano w Polsce przez kolejowe firmy polskie podległe polskim kolejom.
Różnic w budowli Fairbankx i Rosse and White jest sporo.
W USA w Sullivan jest wieża z zasobnikiem o pojemności 500 ton wykonana w 1941 roku przez firmę "Ross and White" taka sama jakie wybudowano w Polsce.
Ciekawi mnie jak oddasz na budowli fakturę od szalunku desek w ..brassie ?

obraz olejny z wieżą ."Gdynia Grabówek 1959"

oil painting with a tower. "Gdynia Grabówek 1959"

-the facts are different than the information you provided

first ; In 1947, Poland purchased four such reinforced concrete equipment for carburizing steam locomotives from the American company Ross and White from a fund other than the fund intended for purchases at UNRRA (!). Secondly ; The tower in Warsaw is one of the two with a reservoir capacity of 300 tons (the second tower is 300 tons in Kraków), while the other two towers in Gdynia and Tarnowskie Góry have 500 tons reservoirs. Thirdly: All parts, including company plates (I saw one with my own eyes) and construction documentation, were imported from the USA from Ross and White. The reinforced concrete structures based on American documentation were made in Poland by Polish railway companies subordinate to Polish railways.

There are many differences between the Fairbankx and Rosse and White buildings.

In the USA, in Sullivan, there is a 500-ton bunker tower made in 1941 by the "Ross and White" company, the same as that built in Poland.

I wonder how you will hand over the invoice of the board formwork in the .. brass on the building?

Ostatnio edytowane:
OP
OP
T

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
Thank you! You information is most interesting and helpful. It is more informative than anything else I have been able to find.

The train museum has not yet responded to my request for information. I hope they have something.

But my feeling is that there are experts out there, such as you, who can provide much more;.

Do you have any other pictures of the towers? Or any other information.

Thank you again.

OP
OP
T

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
- fakty są inne niż te informacje które podałeś
po pierwsze ; Polska zakupiła z innego powtarzam -innego funduszu niż fundusz przeznaczony na zakupy w UNRRA (!) cztery takie żelazobetonowe urządzenia do nawęglania parowozów w Firmie amerykańskiej Ross and White w 1947 roku. Po drugie ; Wieża w Warszawie jest jedną z dwóch o pojemności zasobnika 300 ton( druga wieża 300 tonowa jest w Krakowie) natomiast dwie pozostałe wieże w Gdyni i Tarnowskich Górach są z zasobnikami 500 tonowymi. Po trzecie :Wszystkie części łącznie z tabliczkami firmowymi( widziałem taką na własne oczy) i dokumentacją budowlaną były sprowadzone z USA z firmy Ross and White .Konstrukcje żelazobetonowe na podstawie dokumentacji amerykańskiej wykonano w Polsce przez kolejowe firmy polskie podległe polskim kolejom.
Różnic w budowli Fairbankx i Rosse and White jest sporo.
W USA w Sullivan jest wieża z zasobnikiem o pojemności 500 ton wykonana w 1941 roku przez firmę "Ross and White" taka sama jakie wybudowano w Polsce.
Ciekawi mnie jak oddasz na budowli fakturę od szalunku desek w ..brassie ?

obraz olejny z wieżą ."Gdynia Grabówek 1959"

oil painting with a tower. "Gdynia Grabówek 1959"

-the facts are different than the information you provided

first; In 1947, Poland purchased four such reinforced concrete equipment for carburizing steam locomotives from the American company Ross and White from a fund other than the fund intended for purchases at UNRRA (!). Secondly; The tower in Warsaw is one of the two with a reservoir capacity of 300 tons (the second tower is 300 tons in Kraków), while the other two towers in Gdynia and Tarnowskie Góry have 500 tons reservoirs. Thirdly: All parts, including company plates (I saw one with my own eyes) and construction documentation, were imported from the USA from Ross and White. The reinforced concrete structures based on American documentation were made in Poland by Polish railway companies subordinate to Polish railways.

There are many differences between the Fairbankx and Rosse and White buildings.

In the USA, in Sullivan, there is a 500-ton bunker tower made in 1941 by the "Ross and White" company, the same as that built in Poland.

I wonder how you will hand over the invoice of the board formwork in the .. brass on the building? [/ QUOTE]

As for the brass work, it will be a challenge to make it look good. That is why I am doing it in brass. To me that is the fun of modeling. Taking on a challenge and seeing what I can do.

Hoart

Znany użytkownik
Reakcje
1.962 6 0
literatura : polska publikacja
literature: Polish publication

amerykańska publikacja
literature: American publication

- amerykański parowóz i amerykańska wieża węglowa(500 ton) w.. Polsce . Tarnowskie Góry 1965 fotos z filmu dokumentalnego "Śląski węzeł"
- American steam locomotive and American coal tower (500 tons) in .. Poland. Tarnowskie Góry 1965
photo from the documentary "Śląski węzeł"

Kempol

Administrator
Zespół forum
Donator forum
BGM
MSMK
Reakcje
18.855 214 0
Dears
Maybe this will help a little bit.
Coaling Tower in Tarnowskie Góry, August 2020.
DCC7D65D-C714-4FAC-894F-16B0C3C1AD0A.jpeg
F8AB5EF2-FBC4-4B23-A253-1AE35977316B.jpeg
AF07A762-955E-459B-9D8F-017AAF272FE3.jpeg
C1A758EA-91F8-48D7-8424-0B5D2B62E7F3.jpeg
82E9F6B8-4F49-4B35-8B11-AFBBC481AD3A.jpeg
505D2230-E50D-4F6D-8DCE-037EAC4F317D.jpeg
D5C502D9-558F-4268-8EF5-348D5D184BBC.jpeg
114F0F8B-94FD-4885-A8CE-8122A6526047.jpeg
BF89AD90-CAFC-462B-8CEB-30C4E666BA0F.jpeg

I was to far from the tower (ca. 1,5km) and due to this I was not able to take more accurate pictures.
I will be back there for sure.

Może trochę pomoże, wieża do nawęglania w TG. Byłem za daleko od wieży aby wykonać bardziej dokładne zdjęcia.
Na pewno tam wrócę.

Ostatnio edytowane:
OP
OP
T

TX28

Użytkownik
Reakcje
2 0 0
These are great! When you go back can you get close images of the rails used to raise the coal bucket. If possible, the dimensions.

The information you folks are providing is fantastic. Keep it coming!

Kempol

Administrator
Zespół forum
Donator forum
BGM
MSMK
Reakcje
18.855 214 0
The track used to coaling the tower it self is made out of HEA beams,
dwuteowniki.gif

h=250mm;
b=200mm;
t=15mm;
with modification on working flange (inner one closer to the tower).
dwuteowniki2.jpg

t=30mm.
Track width (outer) = 2300mm
BA869BE4-1D4A-45A8-9409-B5E6FCF4435C.jpeg
B11991E6-0D4A-4E94-A083-B144DA97C1CA.jpeg
BA17D35F-C37A-4F68-85E4-C21C47ABB757.jpeg
C2FD0903-5321-457A-8865-E46D0C79183B.jpeg
F87998CA-C713-4CFA-9859-B9983B3B4B96.jpeg
FB9CFB6D-4221-4FEC-9829-2594EAC0BCC5.jpeg
46666CF0-F7C9-4B37-891B-04A0A5B6652F.jpeg
C05646F7-94EF-484A-A998-7899BB50CCDF.jpeg
EBBA3EDA-341D-4F57-B1B7-0C0014E19348.jpeg
547C82EF-AA10-48D9-B219-B967BC3D6650.jpeg
B63E1FA0-0EF2-4C27-9471-00FC0F9F1DBA.jpeg

E0921C69-116B-4B05-9243-228F17DA5737.jpeg
D80AE3C7-8695-4AD4-8BF2-CD2BEAAFB06D.jpeg

More pictures and movies are underway.

Tor do nawęglania wieży jest wykonany z kształtownika HEA, z modyfikacją kołnierza roboczego (wewnętrzny, bliższy wieży).
Szerokość zewnętrzna toru to 2300mm.
Więcej zdjęć oraz filmy już niedługo.

Ostatnio edytowane:

Artur

Bob Budowniczy
Zespół forum
Donator forum
FREMO Polska
MSMK
Reakcje
7.650 133 3
This tower we get from UNRRA as i know. First time i see informstion that we buy it. But i will not argue about that.
If you will look for Walters catalog you will finde very similar one too this. But only similar ;)

Artur

Bob Budowniczy
Zespół forum
Donator forum
FREMO Polska
MSMK
Reakcje
7.650 133 3
And there is some photos on Stacja Muzeum online resorces. I try to not forget and find it when i will sit to computer ;)

Autor wątku Podobne wątki Forum Odpowiedzi Data
Budownictwo i pozostała infrastruktura 0